Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Book Review

Last week, I made a trip to Lifeway to buy my new Bible study "Breaking Free" and I also bought a couple of books. I love to read but don't have a ton of extra time to do so right now! So needless to say, when I have time to like to read. So some of weekend was spent reading this book.


One of the main reasons for me wanting to read this is I have read Angie Smith's blog for over two years and I have been deeply touched by her and her daughter Audrey's story. Her precious daughter only lived on this Earth for two and a half hours but she made eternal impact. She made such a difference with the little time she spent here.
I started reading and couldn't put this book down. Yes, it was hard to read because no mother should ever have to lose a child, but there is a greater story involved. It is the story of the Gospel and how it is the same. He is the same. He is faithful. He used a story of a sweet and perfect little girl to bring Him glory. Audrey changed people and continues to change people because her sweet mommy shares her story and is her voice.
This story is definitely worth reading, just be sure you wear waterproof mascara.
Oh how I am thankful for the Gospel and the truth of His word! I am thankful God uses others to reveal truth in our lives. My heart longs for Him to be made known and glorified in my life.

1 comment:

Hayley Kathryn said...

Sounds like a wonderful story- I'll have to pick this one up!