Saturday, October 17, 2009

There Isn't Words...

Sigh...I don't know where to start today...I went this morning to funeral for a twenty year old guy who I sat in at least a dozen classes in high school with and from the outside everything looked normal...I can't imagine the place he was at to want to take his own life.

This was probably the hardest funeral I have ever attended. The family is heartbroken, his classmates are shocked and no one knows where he is. As I sat in the pew, my thoughts bombarded me of well he is either with Jesus or in reality knows he made the biggest mistake of his life! What an uncomfortable thing for his family! I can't imagine losing someone without knowing they are safe in the arms of Jesus and we will see them again!!!

This is hard because I shouldn't have to go to a funeral of a classmate from high school. I am thinking of conversations I had yesterday with classmates. We all felt sick, numb, and stood in disbelief. As I stood there, I wanted to scream "JESUS SAVES!"

Simple as that. He is the answer! As I think back to high school and since then how many times have I told others about His name? The answer is not enough. We live in a lost and dying world who is in need of a Savior. Without Him we all are hopeless.

I probably will never understand or know why this happened but I know that this has encouraged me in a weird kinda way to be more bold, and take opportunities to share of who the Lord is! Life is precious, time is short and Jesus is coming soon! As Believers, we are called to share about Him! This is our mission!

He is our hope and life! I am resting in His arms!

No comments: