Friday, July 31, 2009

This n That!



Today, we are getting ready to head north {Kansas} to see my mom's family! I still have lots to do tonight before I get ready to go! It is going to be a great time of fellowship with family that we haven't seen in awhile! We have MANY to celebrate this year! For one, it is my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary!!! How exciting that is!



My sister's graduation {me, Grandma, Beth, Grandpa}









Here is my grandparents with all the grandkids {minus one}


{Grandpa, Beth, cousins-Ella, Cole, Brandon, Grandma, and me}


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Here is my excited face about traveling! :)







My hair is a lot darker than it used to be! I guess that is an advantage of having a sister that is a licensed cosmotologist! :)



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cute sign! I saw it the other day and fell in love with it! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something that I have been thinking about lately is what we allow our minds to focus on and how worldly things can over take us in a heartbeat. As a child of God, we are to flee from sin and sometimes I think we get too comfortable living just a "normal life." BUT God has called us to be more than that!


"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light!"


--I Peter 2:9



If we want to lead others to Christ and point them toward the Cross then, our lives have to look like Jesus. We can't expect others to see Jesus in us if we look like the world. WE HAVE TO BE DIFFERENT! Different meaning we are not the same as everyone else and the difference is we know Jesus! If we know Him, our lives should reflect that! And we have to close our eyes to the world and look unto Jesus!






{my eyes}





Briana Kate




No comments: